Purpose of This Role
This role focuses on building and maintaining account performance, with the responsibilities of excellent client service, account profitability, cross-selling services, and team development.
The role requires a t-shaped marketer that can craft, communicate, and deliver holistic digital marketing programs across our client base.
As a senior strategic marketing lead, you will provide planning, guidance, and execution oversight on all deliverables as needed across owned, paid and earned activities - including integration with paid media campaigns (social, SEM, display etc.), SEO and content programs, marketing automation, martech initiatives, and creative.
You will be responsible for identifying client campaign goals and objectives, translating those into relevant strategic plans, and enabling team members to execute across a variety of mediums.
This includes development and implementation of consistent reporting processes, planning documents, and data-driven tracking to ensure client success. This is a hands-on leadership role, with significant opportunity to cross-train and grow team members across the digital team.
A key component of this role is the ability to lead, retain and grow accounts by bringing strategic and creative insights to client programs. Your goal should be to consistently bring value to the client.
Requirements & Key Areas of Expertise
- Background working in a digital or growth marketing agency with tier one brands, providing VP & C-level executives with strategic digital consultancy.
- Experience managing digital marketing or integrated marketing for a B2B technology organization.
- Experience overseeing full funnel B2B marketing programs; familiarity with holistic reporting on ROI.
- Skilled at integrating digital marketing with thought leadership and corporate storytelling, content marketing, and broader GTM (go-to-market) activities.
- Proven track record of architecting and executing full-funnel demand generation campaigns that drive engagement, conversion and pipeline generation.
- Knowledge in analytics and data visualization, demonstrated ability to architect and oversee implementation of custom measurement methodologies.
- Draws on experience with well-known CRM platforms, marketing automation tools and martech stack (i.e. Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot) to counsel clients, and train colleagues in this area.
- High level of business acumen, including an understanding of SaaS & B2B tech business models, and successful agency budget and resource management.
- Track record of exceeding goals and driving revenue growth.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls.
- A collaborative team builder who is able to instill accountability and empower people to succeed.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act, taking unpopular stands when necessary.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with top-tier clients, provide strategic digital consultancy and initiatives for retention and organic growth.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent client service and satisfaction as well as the delivery of consistent standards of excellence.
- Address reasons for client dissatisfaction and/or churn and put in place proactive steps to improve the relationship with Team 201.
- Work with the Co-Founders to ensure account profitability and revenue optimization to achieve the agreed commercial targets.
- Support operational effectiveness of scopes of work, contracts, assignment of resources and account allocation; train up mid-level leadership to take on these responsibilities.
- Support in the development of strategies aimed at driving growth for digital across accounts.
- Actively contribute to the new business process: help set the strategy; act on leads generated and turn them into tangible opportunities.
- Lead on credentials and pitches, developing the strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts.
- Build, lead and motivate an ambitious team of digital marketing professionals.
- Act as a respected leader and line manager: work closely with line reports to maximize strengths and champion professional development.
- Share thought leadership and conduct agency training sessions to drive innovation and support the development of team members across functions.
- Together with the Co-Founders and Account Leads, support in the implementation of resourcing and capacity plans to ensure resources are appropriately matched with the size of the retainer / project.
- Ensure that financial and operating processes and procedures are followed and properly executed.
- Work closely with Co-Founders to attract the right talent to Team 201; participate in candidate interviews and projects.
- Be a collaborative, encouraging and supportive member of the US management team.
- You’re a proven t-shaped marketer, with a track record of performance in crafting and delivering full-funnel digital marketing programs.
- You’re a killer VP / C-Level communicator. You “speak CMO” fluently, and know how to communicate marketing initiatives based on the context of ultimate business value, outcomes, and priorities.
- You’re a business minded marketing strategist with long-term strategic vision.
- You are comfortable working with top-tier brands and presenting to C-suite executives, as well as providing ongoing strategic guidance to clients.
- You have experience leading digital and integrated teams within an agency or practice. With a strong business network, you have an impressive track record of winning and developing national or mult-national accounts, as well as of retention and organic growth of existing clients.
- You are an excellent leader, with the ability and passion to structure, develop and motivate a strong team.
- You have intimate knowledge of the digital marketing mix, including performance and paid media, full-funnel content marketing, CRO (conversion rate optimization), social media, SEO, analytics, and creative.
- Experience in corporate communications and data-driven storytelling is a plus. You are skilled in managing budgets, commercials, staffing and resources.
- You love what you do and value the importance of fun in the creative process.
Your Key Internal Collaborators:
- CEO & Co-Founder
- CSO & Co-Founder
- Senior Campaign Manager, Integrated Account Lead
- Content Director & Content Team
- Paid Media Lead
- Digital Design Team
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Dependent on Experience (6-figure range)
- Competitive PTO
- Possible Stock Option Plan
- Employee health, vision and dental insurance
- Company 401k Program (*coming soon*)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be required from time to time.
Team 201 (Livy Technologies, Inc.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on empowerment where everyone can thrive.
About Team 201:
Team 201 is the digital agency for high-growth B2B tech brands. Our sweet spot is companies at key inflection points in their business growth. We have decades of experience working with Fortune 500 companies and venture-backed startups. We operate like an extension of our clients’ teams. Our mission is to ensure they thrive in this ever-changing digital marketing landscape.
Our very best team members are self aware.
- They know themselves - their strengths and areas of improvement.
- They’re confident in asking for help.
- They like to share ideas and collaborate.
- They celebrate feedback as a way to improve.
- They are life-long learners.
- They understand active listening.
- They take accountability.
Learn more about us and our values at Team201.io.